Return iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mcjones92, Jun 18, 2009.

1. mcjones92

mcjones92 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I bought an extended warranty from best buy when I bought my iPod touch. I need to return it because the battery is beginning to fail (not too much, just want to take advantage of my warranty.) but my dad is on a business trip, and I am 16. Will customer service allow me to return it with my receipt?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    They should. I have been to Apple store numerous times with a faulty product (can you say Cinema Display dead pixels

Please Register or Log in to view images

) with only a receipt, (no legal guardian). I am 15.

I only say should because I have never done that at Best Buy. I wouldn't expect any trouble if you have the receipt.
  3. olympicking

olympicking Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    they'll only replace the battery if it only has 50% of original battery capacity, if thats the case as long as you have your paper work you should be fine.
  4. tds01

tds01 New Member

Best Buy is great for exchanges on warranties. I've sent my son when he was under 18 and they gave him no problems at all. Like you said though, just bring that receipt. And make sure you explain how the battery isn't working the way it should, Be very assertive, just don't become irate or nasty. They'll do you right.
  5. mcjones92

mcjones92 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    alright it's just weird cuz I just got my iPod about 2 months ago. But my dad exchanged his because for some reason his wouldn't turn on, and they exchanged it no questions asked. Mine dies within an hour just listening to music.
  6. DaTouchkee

DaTouchkee New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, if you exchange you iPod can you restore it from your last back up of the previous iPod? I too have a 2 year warranty with best buy, but Im going to wait until its almost up before I use it (if I can).
  7. jakecampbelll

jakecampbelll New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my tilt is wrong on mine, i also have 2 year warrenty at best buy, i'm going to try to exchange it once the new touch come out this september