return ipod for new one?copy sources?.. Ipod screen turns off

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krunk, Apr 26, 2008.

1. krunk

krunk New Member

ok.. So on the middle of the screen i got like this little thing that looks like a hair.i say its about 5 cm long and curved. I noticed it like a month or 2 after i bought it... And on the bottom left theres like a little bubble ... Do you guys think i can take it back where i bought it and get a new one??....and the worst thats happened is that once i was checking the time and the ipod screen turned off.. Tried to turn it on and it wouldnt... So i left it alone for about 30 min and nothing.. So i connected it to the pc amd the screen turned on..and the battery was fully charged.. And that happened again today

And is yhere anyway i can block ppl from entering the ipod settings?.. Or me setting a passwordso they wont change it and block it...

And 1 more thing... Lol.. How can i copy all the installer sources i have so after i restore the ipod i can have the same ones?
  2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i don't know, but I'll help with a bump!
  3. Magically delicious

Magically delicious New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would restore it and return it if I had any screen malfunctions and just redo the jailbreak on the new touch.
  4. hourog

hourog New Member

I returned a touch today for a similar problem. While using Safari on Yahoo, it just up and went blank on me, then the Apple logo screen came up with a bunch of flickering white "sparkles." When I tried to restore, I got the 1604, unable to restore error. The touch sat in recovery mode for about 3 hours, then a power error appeared.

You don't say where you are. If you're close to an Apple store - restore it and take it back! Intermittent failures such as you describe are NOT normal. It'll only get worse.

If you're not near a store, call support and ask for return authorization.