Return iPod? Bad battery?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Orli155, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Orli155

Orli155 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I am wondering if I should return my iPod. It charges in like an hour and a half. If I let the battery die all the way and plug it in, when it starts up again, its at 60%. I was jailbroken but it didn't seem like the problem and didn't have much installed. Now I'm not jailbroken and it's the same think. So what you think? Also one night I drained the battery to about 3% and plugged it in. when I woke up, it was at 15%(using numerical battery). I downloaded a battery app to make sure it was right, and it told me it had 62 hours left to charge.
  2. georgerussos

georgerussos Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The numeric battery is not always accurate, a lot of users have reported problematic statistics and 62 hours left is no way equal to 15%.
    So, don't worry, just disable the numeric battery and be care-free

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Hurr Durr

Hurr Durr Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The numerical battery indicator is messed up, it seems correct but like the open source firmware Rockbox it guesses the battery to the next indicator (if it indicates at 30 then 15, it will guess how long the battery takes to deplete inbetween those marks) then a change in activity will cause it to report false. The battery app is likely much more correct as estimates, not guesses. I noticed this as after playing cod zombies the battery notified at 5%, i left in standby for a while and when i woke it, it was at 30%, which was correct. Estimate the life of the battery by yourself, not the indicator. REMEMBER, indicator was designed for iPhone not iPod.

Hope this helped.
  4. Orli155

Orli155 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    But I'm not jailbroken anymore and did not restore form backup. It's still the same thing.
  5. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The battery percentage actually waste a lot of battery. I suggest getting rid of it to help
  6. Orli155

Orli155 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    But I'm not jailbroken anymore and don't have the percentage thing.
  7. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yeah I put in that battery percentage on mine and it's just messed up it's far from accurate so I'm removing it today

8. OnlyAn8

OnlyAn8 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, I actually noticed that having the numeric battery on I think drained the battery, not to mention how inaccurate it was. Also, I would drive myself crazy constantly looking at it to check my percentage. I took it off, much happier now.
  9. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

im going to return mine to amazon, i just got it and battery sucks so bad. did u get urs from apple? should i get a replacement from amazon or get a refund and buy it from apple? or it would not really matter where i got it from?
  10. Orli155

Orli155 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I got mine from bestbuy. Had warrenty and they replace them even if you make stuff up. My battery is good

charged it fir an hour and a half and I had it on since 2 so it's been good for about 5 hours with 50% brightness and it's not half the battery yet, time to jailbreak again.

EDIT: Oh and the battery percentage thing was very accurate and the iPod always turned off at 2% so it helped to know when to charge before it cut off. It read the same as all battery apps I've tried.