Retro Apps in the App Store

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by applover, Jul 11, 2009.

1. applover

applover New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    So it seems there are a lot of retro apps hitting the app store. You know the style I'm talking about, 8-bit, NES, all that good stuff. What are your favorites.

I recently released my app Jetman Jack. It is of this retro style 8-bit style. It is an old school throwback to the classic Helicopter Game also known as Jetman on Facebook. It is basically a better version of iCopter. It is the only app so far to actually get the controls of the app to match (and we think exceed) the controls of the original game. Also to jazz things up we wanted to throw in the sweet 8-bit graphics because this game is totally a game that we would have seen back in those days. Below is a screenshot. Go here to check it out on the app store or here for the official site with demo video, reviews, and more. It is a bargain at $0.99 and will keep you entertained for hours, so give it a try and tell me what you think.

Please Register or Log in to view images

JETMAN JACK screenshot

So what are your other favorite retro apps out now?
  2. Shaded Light

Shaded Light Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    check out Eliss. its a very new game with an awesome old school retro style. i reviewed it. it should be on the first page of the review forum.