retrieving photos off of ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by brianthelion, Mar 22, 2009.

1. brianthelion

brianthelion New Member

recently my hard drive died and i didnt have all my photos backed up but about 90% of my photos are on my ipod touch (first gen) does anyone have anysuggestions on how to retrieve the photos because i have a new hard drive so when i hook it up to the computer itunes wants to format the ipod and i dont want to do that
  2. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    idk if this works with the 1G but i know it works with 2G but go ahead and try it ok so first plug in your ipod now if itunes pops up close it or minimize it go to the bottom left of the screen and press the start bar then your little menu will pop up now open "Computer" now go to the little tab thing that says Portable Devices under it should be a Folder/file called "Apple Ipod" double click it now double click "Internal Storage" now open "DCIM" now click "999Apple"or w/e then when it opens their is all your pictures hope i helped
  3. dabomb

dabomb New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok not ipod related, but if you want to attempt to restore your harddrive, theres a strange way that has helped me twice. doesnt always work, theres different modes of harddrive failure.

this isnt extremely computer knowlegable aimed so it should be easy.

take the hard drive out(obviously broken one) put in a ziplock bag(that can zip closed, not like half open) then toss it in the freezer over night. yeah, sounds dumb doesnt it? no word of a lie it works. but the thing is, you usualy only have like 5-15 mins before it goes again and sometimes you can only do this once. so transfer your important files first to another harddrive as fast as you can.

weird thing was, with one of my drives, it fixed it. i dont use it now, because of reliability, but after i did it, it didnt die. i can plug it in now and it will work, but i cant trust it.
  4. brianthelion

brianthelion New Member

that did not work none of those folders appear when im in "my computer" the ipod shows up under printers and cameras that what windows is detecting it as i open it up only one photo appears and its one i downloaded off the internet
  5. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i had a similar case like yours^^ the only software which did helped out but unfortunately costs come bucks is this one:

http://www.findleydesigns.com/ipodaccessphoto/index.html

(iPod Photo Access)

try the demo version first (it adds watermark to downloaded photos) to see if it works or not and if it does you can maybe buy it...

just to mention nearby: (if this is forbidden please remove it!)
    you won't find a cracked version

Please Register or Log in to view images

and if the photos ware very important to you you should think about searching for a cracked version twice!