Retrieving app data ... Calender+notepad?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ezzo, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Ezzo

Ezzo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi everyone, I've come to this forum in search of help regarding my recently departed 16gb first gen iPod touch. Long story short, it got soaked five days ago and I have been unable to revive it since. My biggest concern right now is finding out if there is anyway to retrieve some of the data I had stored in the stock calender and note pad apps. I had some really important info in there that I'd like to get back.
    I've heard that when you plug in your ipod to your computer to sync it that the info from these particular apps is backed up.
    Is there anyway to open these apps right off my PowerBook to copy down the info?
    Also, I can't really afford to buy a brand new iPod touch but a friend of mine said he would sell me his "old" 2nd gen 16 gb touch for a good price. Is there any way that when I plug his touch into my powerbook I can have it load up with my old apps and info? Do I need to do some kind master reset on his ipod before it can accept my old data?

Thanks
  2. muskamike

muskamike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmmm. First off, you're screwed.

But, if you have any hope, keep trying to remove the moisture from the iPod. Direct sunlight or indirect heat of other forms helps. I've recovered a few cell phones from toilet bowls (long story)

Also, your calender should Sync with another iPod if you backed up
  3. Ezzo

Ezzo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the info. I had feeling I was screwed

Please Register or Log in to view images

There is a place nearby that repairs iPhones that have been water damaged so I'm going to try their before I replace this one. Unfortunately I don't think I ever backed up my touch. For some reason I thought that app information got automatically saved when I synced to iTunes.
    Oh well, live and learn I guess
  4. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hmmm, I guess you overlooked the part where the Outlook sync is concerned during the backup ya? If that's the case, then it's goodbye to your data...

Still, you can try and see whether that iPod repairer can do anything to at least salvage some of the data (better than nothing, right?

Please Register or Log in to view images

)...
  5. Ezzo

Ezzo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, I mean I'm not holding my breath but this guy brought my GF's iPhone back from the dead so you never know. As far as the Outlook sync is concerned... I don't even know what that is, I was rocking a four gig nano for a couple of years before I upgraded to this last summer... needless to say I'm pretty weak when it comes to computers and electronics. The touch was so easy to use that I really didn't delve very deep into its abilities and basic safety features.
    I keep reading about how people dunk their touches and iphones and are able to revive them but for some reason mine just ain't waking up.