Resyncing the iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by weirddemon, Sep 21, 2007.

1. weirddemon

weirddemon New Member

So, I synced the iPod on one of the laptops at my work and everything worked fine. But when I got home and connected to my computer nothing happened. Windows made that sound letting me know that something connected via the USB port, but it didn't mount on My Computer (which I'm not sure if it was suppose to) or received recognition by iTunes.

I tried everything I knew. I restarted the computer, I tried different USB ports, I resintalled iTunes, I reset all the settings on the iPod, and I even made sure that the iPod showed up in the device manager. I tried a third party software to see if it would work that way, it didn't.

I wanted to resync the iPod but couldn't figure how

Please Register or Log in to view images

So, any help would be appreciated.

I'm running:
    Windows XP SP2
  2. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

iTunes 7.4.2 is required to use the iPod touch.

it will not recognize it otherwise.
  3. Aciidc0der

Aciidc0der Retired Moderator

if you switch computers all your music in your iPod might be erased...this is an anti-piracy measure...
  4. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

yeah, make sure you never use the auto-sync feature if you know you will be using it on more than one computer, or you will end up being pissed off and songless until you get back home.
  5. weirddemon

weirddemon New Member

I do have th latest version of the iTunes, and this doesn't have anything to do with my music being erased or not. It just doesn't mount onto My Computer so I can't use a third party application, and iTunes doesn't recognize it.

And I'm not sure about the auto-sync feature. Is that a feature on the iPod itself or iTunes?

Also, I ran the iTunes diagnostics and it said everything was fine except "iPod Connection Status."

This is what it tells me:

"icrosoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
    Dell Inc. Dimension 4700
    iTunes 7.4.2.4

iPodService 7.4.2.4 is currently running.
    iTunesHelper 7.4.2.4 is currently running.

Current user is an administrator.

The current local date and time is 2007-09-22 20:53:02.

Connected Storage Devices:

Disk drive, Maxtor 6Y160M0, Bus Type ATA, Bus Address [0,0]

Universal Serial Bus Controllers:

Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2658. Device is working properly.
    Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2659. Device is working properly.
    Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265A. Device is working properly.
    Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265B. Device is working properly.
    Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 265C. Device is working properly.

No IEEE 1394 Host Controller found."

I googled the last sentence and many people have also had that issue. However, there solutions that I have seen I have already done and do not work, or don't apply to the iPod touch.
  6. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

contacs Apple and ask them waht is up

that last part just means that you dont have FireWire, but thats ok, since the newer iPods dont use it anyway.
  7. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    someone else had this problem, do you have any other flash drives connected to the computer, if yes remove them and see if it works now,

Cheers,
    Ben.
  8. weirddemon

weirddemon New Member

I still can't get it to work. I have no other USB peripheral attached to my PC, unless you count my mouse and keyboard.

I've googled so many things and it seems that not many people are having this issue with the iPod touch.

I purchased it at BestBuy, so I think I will just take it back and exchange it for a new one. But, I don't think there is anything wrong with the iPod because it does fine on my work computer.

I would love an automatic, "Fix" button. That would make things easier

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Pieczony

Pieczony New Member

if you can connent it to computer in work and you can't ONLY to your computer (try with another one machine) so you have problems with your computer (i think with USB). If you connected your iPod only once to computer in work and then you tried in home, check usb cable.
  10. weirddemon

weirddemon New Member

I've connected to a couple of different computers and they work. Just not mine, but I don't think it is the USB cable or port. Of course not the cable because that's been working elsewhere. I don't think it is the port because I have 6 USB ports and it doesn't work in any of them.

When I connect it, windows makes that noise to let you know that you've connected a peripherial via the USB port, but it doesn't mount to "My Computer" or is recognized by iTunes.