Resuming Itunes interrupted downloads

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by winoforever, Dec 28, 2009.

1. winoforever

winoforever New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I'm trying to restore my Ipod Touch, so I had to downoad the Software Update. Problem is, my internet connection disconnects every 30 mins or so. I resumed the download, but it always starts at square one again.

Is there any way to get Itunes to resume downloading at the point where it stopped?
  2. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    try this http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ it download files directly from apple server. ya my iTunes also disconnect when downloading firmware. download this via your browser/download.manager which is more stable than iTunes when downloading. Don't forget to select the firmware according to your device.
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Where do you think iTunes downloads it from?
  4. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yeah, but if you download from a browser and your internet gets interrupted, most cases you can resume where you left off... However, in iTunes it seems to start at square one with me too.

My mom has a cheap WiFi router and when I download firmwares or anything through the browser, as long as I leave the browser open until the internet comes back on, it'll resume where left off.. It just acts like it was 'paused' for a few moments.

I don't think it works this way with Internet Explorer, but I'm almost certain Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari all will do this for you as they all have download managers, too, built-in. Plus they're all faster and more reliable over-all...