Resume Podcast after power off??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by biddychariot, Nov 4, 2007.

1. biddychariot

biddychariot New Member

(Did a search but nothing turned up.)

Some podcasts are over 30 minutes long and I don't always get to listen to them in one go. After powering off there seems no way to resume the podcast from where I left off (unlike video). So I spend ages guessing where I had listened up to.

Any ideas on resuming or bookmarking?

Thanks
  2. hydrotherion

hydrotherion New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've got the same problem. I spent a lot of time listening to tech podcasts so I assumed that on the touch it would be the same as on any other ipod. What I do is when I'm stop listing to a podcast I pause the podcast and then put the touch in sleep mode. The only thing that annoys me is that you can only do that with one podcast. I tend to listen to several podcast at once so I pause a lot of podcast but the touch only seem to remember one podcast. It's annoying and I hope it will be solved in the next firmware update. Unless anyone has a solution.
  3. cadair

cadair New Member

If you're done watching a video podcast, instead of just pausing it and going into sleep mode, hit the "Done" button in the top left corner. This will save your location.
    I'm not sure about audio podcasts.
  4. biddychariot

biddychariot New Member

Thanks - was aware of the resume video function but frustrated that there is no similar function for audio
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually I believe you can go into iTunes, select get info on the episode and select the option to resume. Can't remember the name but its in there. Works with any music too.
  6. hydrotherion

hydrotherion New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    @DerekVOF

Checked it and it's on for all my audio podcasts and still got the same problem. As soon as I go and for example listen to a song, pause it, then go to sleep mode, power it back on and then select a podcast I was listening to. It begins back from the beginning.
  7. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Were you checking the podcast or the individual episodes? Just wondering since its working ok for me.
  8. biddychariot

biddychariot New Member

When you say it's working for you, do you mean when listened to on your computer, or on the ipod touch. My podcasts will resume fine on the computer, but always starts from the beggining when played on the touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. kingof1994

kingof1994 New Member

Google it....there is probably a hack
  10. hydrotherion

hydrotherion New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What I'm currently doing is:

Listen to the podcast pause it when I want to listen to music but instead of pausing the music and go in sleep mode I go back to the podcast I was listing and then go in sleepmode. I'm looking for a hack put there isn't one.