Restoring the ipod without loosing info?....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, Apr 28, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, I have an ipod touch on crack. The past week has been hell for me and it. I keep halfbricking my ipod and then I have to restore and get all my applications back before the next crash and restore. Why has no one figured out how to make a program that will restore the ipod firmware without cutting out the applications and other user info? This would make me dread the restore process much less. Is this even remotely possible?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Upon the completion of a restore, iTunes will ask you if you want to restore to a backup. While you still have to re-jailbreak, settings are saved for your apps, yes, even the 3rd party ones in most cases. This comes in handy with Mail, especially.
  3. dahitman

dahitman New Member

why dont u just use ziphone to kick it back to normal mode
  4. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so the applications will still be on the ipod and all I have to do is go into iliberty and do a quick jailbreak and I am exactly back to where I was at the point of the restore? Then why would we ever need an application like iBackup? (no offense ipodtouchmaster....but I still can't get it to work for me.)
  5. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have had some people tell me that Ziphone was a possible cause of my ipod crashing so often. I wasn't aware that ziphone did that.....
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    use pwnage you can build a custom FW with all your apps and everything. Then use iTunes to restore with it.

Why are you guys still using those old rellics? Keep up.
  7. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Until recently, I was a 1.1.1 guy (maybe the switch caused the problems). I find that the old tried and true relics are safe....
  8. ipodhacker3090

ipodhacker3090 Member

Device:
    iPad
    its impossible u deuchbag!!
  9. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its not impossible...u can get a backup using wifi...i finding the links, but i am the only "haker" at my school so i get paid the big bucks for jailbreaking...wat idiots...every once and a while i get some kid who screwed up his iphone or itouch...usually accidently updating, again "wat idiots"...but i get paid again, well anyways i use this thing that backs up ur apps and wat not, its very handy, but watch out for things like customize on 1.1.4 that can make it freze, but nothing i little ssh'ing wont fix or in worse case, restoring.
  10. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeha I suppose that I could just SSH in and copy the whole damn thing, but then I would have to sort through it manually.

Also, I tried to make a backup for my ipod in itunes. All of the info for my applications survived but not the applications themselves.