Restoring Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by andrew!, Mar 27, 2009.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If I ever need to restore, am I able to restore straight to my custom firmware or will I need to use QuickFreedom to prejailbreak? Ive already jailbroken but if I need to restore, I dont want to have to do extra steps if I dont need to.
    Thanks.

I was also thinking of doing this to get Verbose boot instead of NOR restoring, have the custom firmware and then just manually copy the patched file needed for the verbose boot....
  2. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    verbose is tricky if you want to restore later, id suggest researching it a little. but all you need to do to restore to your custom firmware is cut your ipod off. hold the home button and plug your ipod in and keep holding home. it will put your ipod into recovery. itunes should come up, if not open itunes and restore.
  3. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hrmmmm.... So while its restoring, i have to unplug it? sounds a wee bit annoying
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, just have your iPod turned off, then hold the Home button while you plug it into your computer, and keep holding it until it goes into Recovery mode, then just restore it with the Nor Only ipsw.
  5. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know how to NOR restore it but I don't want to resort to slow booting from sleep. Am I able to restore to a custom firmware without needing quickfreedom for ANYTHING? I am already jailbroken by the way.
  6. alfredomeres

alfredomeres New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you're in untethered you won't need to prejailbreak again,as your ipod is already patched.