Restoring problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hypnotize, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Hypnotize

Hypnotize New Member

ok, i've tried to jailbreak ipod from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVp8jQyB0ns ...it didn't work, cuz in the last step i couldn't write there any commands, the window just flashed for a second and disappeared...but f it, i just wanted to restore it back to 2.2.1 firmware with itunes. i putted ipod in the DFU mode, itunes poped up but when i tried to restored it an error window poped up, that said: Software for this ipod is not currently available. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and try again.
    i've tried to restore it by holding the shift button and selecting 2.2.1 firmware that i've downloaded, but an error ocured. any help? is there any program except itunes that i can use to restore my ipod?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    c'moon guys, don't want to spam but any ideas?
  2. MANOWAR©

MANOWAR© Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, read the 200 other posts by people who didn't read them either. You're situation is not unique. Do a search.
  3. iGirl

iGirl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Go to another computer, either one that you own or a friends that has iTunes and restore using that one. That's how I fixed my problem, unless you search and someone else has a better solution.