restoring my ipod will delete my mail, weather and maps apps from my ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by robinenrique, Jun 16, 2008.

1. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

ehm, maybe this is a stupid question..but i was wondering..i have a new 1.1.4 ipod, and i jailbroke it, but now with the ste down i dont want my ipod jailbroken, but my ipod is kind of new so i have the mail, weather, maps and notes apps from the apple store that came with my ipod. if i restore my ipod..will they also be deleted from my ipod? thanks.
  2. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

anyone knows?
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The info is stored in itunes so it won't be a problem. All ipods actually come with the apps one them but they are not activated.
  4. shady23

shady23 New Member

Ok, when u first press restore in itunes it will first tell if u want to back up ur stuff.. so if want the apps then press "yes, i want to back up" then just wait for it to finish and it will sync ur backed up files onto ur ipod
  5. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

yeah, im kinda thought that, but then they asked me to download the 1.1.4 firmware again :s so i was kinda of confused cause they'd never told me to do that with my old ipod touch.
  6. shady23

shady23 New Member

Well, im not sure now but when i restored my ipod b4 i pressed the back up button and the apps came back when i synced the ipod. Bt i dn't remember anything about downloading the 1.1.4 firmware again though
  7. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

The iPod will definitely keep the apps if you restore if you bought them from apple. If you got them form installer, they will go. The apple bought ones are part of the first sync.
  8. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

i didnt buy them from apple, they came with the ipod.

another question.

can i watch lyrics on my ipod touch with the 1.1.4 (with software upgrade)?, i read something about this but im not quite sure if it does works, if it does, can someone tell me how to watch them?
  9. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    go into iTunes and go to song info. There you will see a lyrics tab. Fill that with your lyrics and when you are listening to music on your iPod click once on the album art.
  10. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yea.

But keep in mind that they only work with the January Software Upgrade, which is what I think you were asking about.
    Anyways, that shouldn't be a problem, since you said your iPod already came with the upgrade on it, so lyric support will be enabled, along with everything else, upon a restore.