Restoring jailbroken ipod With backup.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mk12360, Oct 17, 2009.

1. mk12360

mk12360 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know there have been similar threads, but thhey never really answered the question. My friend's iPod Touch 2g, 16GB, 3.0 is jailbroken. He has a lot of notes, calender, contacts, saved game information etc., And he wants it back to non-jailbroken. He really doesn't want to lose all his stuff, so I thought I would back it up, restore it and then restore the backup. Will there be any problems, restoring non jailbroken iPod with backup that was made when it was jailbroken? Will it leave any traces? I don't really care if there's some memory lost (unreachable), or if there's some files left over that got backed up, that i'll never even know they're there. Thanks!
  2. FrederickGeek8

FrederickGeek8 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    ok unhide everything that is hidden and if there is mim restore the cariier and banner to normal because it will stick if you restore for backup. other than that nothing will stick or go away
  3. mk12360

mk12360 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so I'm good If I uninstall everything from cydia, basically make it look like it was just jailbroken, nothing changed, then backup, then restore, then restore the backup, then its not jailbroken, and looks like it never was?