Restoring Issue (Error 6)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MichaelGriffin, Mar 30, 2009.

1. MichaelGriffin

MichaelGriffin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, I don't know what the issue is. I tried to restore my iPod on multiple computers and keep getting the same error (6). I know that the firmware itself is not corrupt as I used it on my other iPod and it worked perfectly. So here's the deal.

As you all know when restoring the boot logo shows up with a loading bar under it. Well the bar got completely filled, and it looked like everything was going to work, and then I think the boot logo came up without the loading bar, and it was about to boot and then iTunes randomly gave me an error (even though I thought the restoring process was done -.-) saying that the iPod could not be restored due to error 6 (not word for word) So, I don't know what's wrong but any and all help is appreciated.

If it makes a difference, the iPod was in DFU mode when I tried to restore, (the iPod wont even boot at all it's just a black screen but my computer says it's in DFU mode)

Really need help, warranty runs out like in a couple days, and I want to fix it on my own if I can before I send it in to the apple store.
  2. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok first download the DFU fix

Site is here enjoy http://www.sendspace.com/file/93fx93
    Extract to c:/
    Connect iPod
    Go to run next type c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu
    Wait for a white screen
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    don't need to thank me

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. MichaelGriffin

MichaelGriffin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just says "s_Looking for iPhone" for like ever, does it maybe have something to do with the fact my iPod isn't an iPhone, or that it is automatically in DFU mode the second I turn it on? Anyway, I just used the jailbreaking tool to get the white screen. The error without using the white screen is 160X not 6 so no luck here I'm afraid, thanks though.
  4. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    on more thing

This is a small thing but it works

Try a different USB port
    I had restoring problems on my iPod touch from 3.0 to 2.X.X and it worked
  5. MichaelGriffin

MichaelGriffin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've tried all my USB ports, and now 3 computers.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also worth noting, It is 100% not the FW I pressed normal restore button, and when it tried restoring I got error 6... HELP PLEASE?