Restoring iPod Touch Without Updating?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kondukt, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Kondukt

Kondukt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well it looks like I might have been backed up into a corner by apple!

Last night I used the "Erase All Data & Settings" option on my Jailbroken iTouch (as i like to call it) and it ended up not properly completing the process. All that would happen is a black screen with the apple would come on with a little loading wheel then the system would flash a white screen and repeat the process.

Now i have put it in "recovery" mode and got iTunes to recognize it so i could restore to factory settings and start from scratch but I'm only getting the option to Restore And Update. Updating to 3.0 is something i just don't want to do yet untill we have more JB supported apps.

Is there anything i can do to avoid this or has Apple got me by the short n curlys!?
  2. xtremeshredder

xtremeshredder New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download a copy of the 2.2.1 firmware. If you are using windows, shift+click the restore button and select the 2.2.1.ipsw file. If on mac, i think it is option+click the restore button.
  3. Kondukt

Kondukt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is a few versions of 2.2.1 and im not all the familiar with what one i should choose?

- 2.2.1/5F138
    - 2.2.1/5H11a

and there is also

- 2.2/5G77a

The ipod i have is a 8GB 2G iPod Touch if it helps.
  4. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download 2.2.1 Firmware

If you still need to get off that screen, go into DFU Mode,

Hold Shift and Click On The Restore Button, select your downloaded 2.2.1 firmware
    (or firmware of choice)

Any problems PM Me
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    2.2.1 5H11A, thats the official one.. sorry for doubleposting
  5. Kondukt

Kondukt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh Boi,

Such a simple task and its just not working the way i want it too. So I have downloaded the 2.2.1/5H11a then unzip but when i go into iTunes and hold shift+click restore i browse to the folder but there is no specific .ipsw file to select. just 2 folders /Firmware and /fsevensd and a few .dmg files etc..