Restoring from dvd

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by atariboy, Jan 12, 2008.

1. atariboy

atariboy New Member

Guys i have a bit of a problem. I sold my ipod because i am getting an touch next week. I backed up my entire itunes library to dvd using the Itunes backup otion and my files backed up without any problems.
    Two days later my hard disk bombed so i had to buy a new hard disk. I reinstalled everything to my hard disk including latest service packs etc and reinstalled itunes. I put the first dvd in to the drive to restore my itunes library, but itunes then reported the following error
    The disc "backup 08-01-08" cannot be read. An unknown error occurred (-60).
    I check the dvds and they were fine...win xp read them with no problem and i can even play tunes straight from the dvds. I also sucessfully copied the entire libary from dvds to my hard disk...but it seems to be itunes that cant read the dvds.
    I tried going back to an earlier version of itunes but that didnt work. I even tried removing my dvd writer software and putting itunes back on but that still didnt work.
    So i have my entire music libray on backup dvds and cant restore them to itunes

Any ideas

Thanks
  2. dmgmantis

dmgmantis New Member

Just grab the Mp3's and the Videos and Pics from the DVD and put them in a special folder in Your Documents.
  3. atariboy

atariboy New Member

Ok thanks I will try that