Restoring Fail

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by andydam123, Jun 17, 2009.

1. andydam123

andydam123 Member

2. shahir29

shahir29 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    damn that sucks. try restarting comp
  3. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    was it jailbroken before? if it was, try downloading redtool, and look for boot. then press boot from recovery mode, and let it run for a little while( up to 5 minutes) if it still doesnt work(but it should).. i dont know what else to say. and if it wasnt jailbroken, then redtool i beleive will work, but if it doesnt, once again i dont know. Good luck tho
  4. andydam123

andydam123 Member

Its my iPod Touch 1G that has problems.
  5. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it doesnt work for 1g? and u could also try to use any jailbreak program for the 1st gen while its in DFU mode, then restore to original, then 3.0.. some people have problems with jailbroken to stock, so try that i guess
  6. andydam123

andydam123 Member

Well, I use PwnageTool to get into DFU, it gave a 2005 error ONCE, then returns back to the 1636 error.
  7. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    allright, im trying to think... umm what other tools r out for 1g? try anything else.. i used a bunch of different ones that just messed my ipod up, and then i found the true version of redsnow for it.. and thats what worked, so sometimes u need to try a few things, they all run a little differently i think, even tho they try and do the same things

one more thing.. try downloading firmware from a different website.. 2.2.1.. then use that firmware, and once ur ipods working maybe wait 2 hours and see if its their server.. it could be overloaded and only gave u half the firmware and for now ur stuck.. so try that, and i gtg but ill b back on here soon to see if it worked good luck peace
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i got this off another thread by, JoeWL: "Hey guys, I've been going crazy trying to sort this out and I know there are a few threads with regard to this so I thought I'd tell you how to solve it.Error 2005 comes up when trying to restore ANY FW, it just isn't happy. On my Mac I tried using Parallels to restore using Windows..to no avail. However, when you shift the USB cable (ie. from hub to main or main to hub) then it works no problem. I've just restored to factory settings, then to JB"

u might want to try that, a few replies say it actually worked and stuff, so thats simpler to try than other things lol so try that and again let me know how it goes