restoring at a friends house

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by eoen, Jan 18, 2008.

1. eoen

eoen New Member

if i was to restore my ipod using my friends computer which, has the 1.1.3 apps already purchased on it, would the restore put all of the new apps on my ipod during the restore?
  2. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think that you will have also the app pack installed.
  3. TheNazgul

TheNazgul Member

Yes.. but as soon as you put it on your computer.... its anyones guess!

I suspect that when you sync it that it'll remove them!

but anyway let us know
  4. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I don't think you'd be able to transfer music, ect. on your computer until you restored your ipod on your computer... essentially you would have to go to your friend's house to sync your ipod or put new music/videos on it.
  5. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok this is interesting. I am going to try right now I will remove the certificate and the itune account on 1 of my computer and see if itune remove the app pack.

I will let you know the result
  6. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok so I remove the certificate file and delete the folder inside hidden file of itune then restarted the computer. I remove the itune account from the computer and sync my ipod.
    itune told me that this ipod was sync with another library and if i wanted to continue....yes

and my app are still on the ipod. So I hope i didn't miss anything but you should keep your app as long as you don't restore. if you lose the app just with sync this means itune copy other files somewhere on the computer.