Restoring 2.1 but got error 6

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by edmond2406, Oct 10, 2008.

1. edmond2406

edmond2406 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My friend's iphone had updated to 2.1 and i was goin to use quickpwn to pwn it...but when i choose the firmware file, quickpwn doesnt allow me to click the blue arrow...so i tried to restore 2.1 on itune 8.0.1 but it just keep giving me error 6...any idea?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

That's "You're not in DFU mode" or "You're not plugged directly into the USB port, but are going through a hub" problem. Try plugging the iPod directly into the computer, and use the Upgrade button, or just do a Restore. Then do QuickPWN.
  3. edmond2406

edmond2406 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but i am trying to do a restore (the offical firmware)...it gave me that error...and i am directly connecting to my computer using a usb cable
  4. Jarlath

Try putting it into DFU mode and then do a restore, but don't restore your previous backup.
  5. edmond2406

edmond2406 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    tried that too....still give me error 6
  6. Jarlath

Then you're not in DFU if you're getting Error 6. Make sure iTunes sees the iPod before you turn it off by holding down power and home... then after ten seconds, let go of Power and just hold down Home until iTunes loads up again and says your iPod's in DFU mode. THEN try it.
  7. aultamn

aultamn New Member

8. edmond2406

edmond2406 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but it second time i did it the iphone screen was off...still gave me the error
  9. Jarlath

You're still not in DFU mode - Error 6 is the indicator which says you're not in it. Try the way I suggested, or follow the instructions in that YouTube video. Or try another computer, since it may also be a problem with the PC's DFU drivers for the iPod.
  10. edmond2406

edmond2406 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i had tried to a lot of different key combination..and still the 2G iphone doesnt wanna go into DFU mode...everytime i hold home and power key..it just restart the phone and show up the recovery screen again and again

Edited: i did put into DFU mode as when i pressed restore...the screen went white first b4 restoring....but still gives me error 6