restored my ipod touch now it won't sync the films i had on it.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kimmerz, Nov 12, 2008.

1. kimmerz

kimmerz New Member

I had films on my ipod which i put there through handbrake they worked just fine, I have just restored my touch as it needs jail breaking again, I have not jail broke it again yet but I synced everything back onto my ipod but my movies did not go on, they are in the itunes libary, and I have checked and applyed the boxes to sync the movies to my ipod but it just isn't working, please help this is really annoying because I don't know what I've done wrong.
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

have you tried to reconnect your device?

try also restore again.. or reset settings.

or restart your computer..
  3. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Just to confirm , the videos are .mp4 format right ?
    You can find that out by right clicking , get info.
    And it will say.
  4. kimmerz

kimmerz New Member

yes I have the shortcuts on my desktop which is where i have them go so i can just get itunes up and grab and drop into itunes and on my desktop they have the title of the film then mp4. they played just before i restored it. first when I was trying to sync them on it kept saying trying to sync photos which i thought thats strange because i'm trying to sync movies so i disabled photos and pressed sync again, in the window at the top of itunes it said syncing blonde ambition (the first film) and it had the empty line undernieth which goes black as it's syncing and then the apple sign instantly came on and then said sync complete remove ipod but it hadn't let the line go black, I can see it's trying but just not getting there. then i unplugged my ipod and it had some warning on there but it said about the iphone but I don't have an iphone!!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    right i have now restored my ipod again and am now getting a message saying that the film were not copied to the ipod because they can't be played on this ipod, but they could about 2 hours ago, i'm so confused, i can't imagine it's because i took the jailbreak off because my dads ipod touch is not jailbroken at all yet we've managed to get some sort of film onto it.
  5. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

i think you restored with an iphone firmware..

make sure that you restore with an ipod firmware,

and before you restore again, try to put your ipod to DFU mode first.