Restored Ipod Touch stuck at Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by qwertyuiopas, Jul 2, 2008.

1. qwertyuiopas

qwertyuiopas New Member

I've restored it twice yet it won't go past the logo. I'm really sad to see all of my stuff disappear and now I can't even unbrick my ipod!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I really don't see what I can do. It's the spinning wheel of death that beeps every 5 seconds.
  2. Blubb

Blubb New Member

I have restored my iPod touch three times! Mine is now stuck at that white text you get when you jailbreake it!

We almost got the same problem...

------------------double post merged------------------
    Edit: i now hove too fix it!! I just did! Put your iPod touch in "restoring mode" and then, yes you have to restore it in iTunes, but It's working!!

3. 92nate92

92nate92 New Member

enter ipod in "DFU MODE" via iLiberty or ziphone then do a fresh restore with any apple fimware i did this and it worked for me
  4. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I doubt iLiberty or Ziphone could detect the iPod if it reboots every 5 seconds, with the SWoD.

He will have to enter DFU mode manually. There are tutorials on how to do it, and Youtube videos as well. Check those out if you don't get my instructions:

-Plug iPod into computer, have iTunes ready and opened.
    -Hold down the Power button and Sleep button until the iPod powers off.
    -After about a second after the iPod powers off, release the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button.
    -Wait about 15 seconds, until the iPod is detected by iTunes as an iPod in recovery mode.
    -Restore.

5. qwertyuiopas

qwertyuiopas New Member

Ok so even though I previously restored my ipod twice through recovery mode before I think my problem was I had to ditch the backup(can't believe I didn't think of this!). Obviously it had the backup of the bad version so now it works.

It seems ok now but I'm not sure if it'll stop working again later. Thanks guys!