Restored from Jailbreak, now stuck in Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Overspeed, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Overspeed

Overspeed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello,

I have previously jailbreaked my 16 GB touch. Jailbreaked from 1.1.1 and then jailbreaked to 1.1.2. After installing a bunch of stuff, uninstalling a bunch of stuff, I wanted to wipe my ipod clean and start over, only installing the apps I found useful. So I put my ipod in recovery mode and launched itunes. itunes said it detected an ipod in recovery mode and allowed me to proceed. I held down shift and browsed to my 1.1.1 firmware restore file. Then it begins the process, but in an odd way. It reboot the ipod several times over a period of about 10 seconds and then brings up an error saying "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1611)."

If I restart itunes and hit restore without clicking shift and let itunes use whatever restore method it wants, it does restore, but back to 1.1.2. I cannot seem to, by any means, get my ipod back to 1.1.1 so I can start over. So the big question is ... once you've jailbreaked to 1.1.2, is that permantent in that if you unjailbreak or put in recovery mode from 1.1.2 you can never jailbreak again?

Please, if anyone knows how to get back to 1.1.1 I would be forever greatful.

Robert
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

instead of clicking restore, hold down shift and click update, a menu will pop up and navigate to firmware 1.1.1 (download it off somewere and save on the desktop for easy finding)

ull be in 1.1.1 wen ur done updating, and for the love of god SEARCH!
  3. Overspeed

Overspeed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thank you, I will try this. And with respect I have been searching for an hour before posting. Try yourself doing a search for "ipod touch restore error (1611)". There is little to no information about it. Perhaps my search queries were not on topic but I did try.

Thanx again

Robert
  4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

alright at least you searched, but you may want to learn a little more here so you can no how to search effectivly