Restored, but still Jailbroken?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itsanitouch, May 1, 2009.

1. itsanitouch

itsanitouch New Member

So, I just did a DFU restore to the original 2.2.1 FW on my 2G. I had Jailbroken back when redsn0w first came out.

I restored my most recent backup (today), and cydia, installer and Icy were all gone. So I figured that I was no longer jBroken.

Before restoring, I had installed something that allowed me to have a numerical battery icon in the status bar.

After restoring to original FW, I still have a numerical (percentage) battery icon. What's going on? I thought I'm not jailbroken anymore?

Is it because I restored my backup? How can I tell if I'm using the official bootloader?

Thanks for any advice.
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes, it is because you restored from a backup.
  3. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Some modifications, like MakeItMine Banners and Numeric Battery, can be put on a non jailbroken device by restoring. A simple Firmware Restore won't jailbreak your device, as the patches weren't applied first

Please Register or Log in to view images

If you're gonna get ti repaired its best to get rid of those xD
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I think with a first gen you don't have to apply the patches, but it has been a while since I have jailbroken a 1G
  5. itsanitouch

itsanitouch New Member

So are all the files still there, taking up space?

I unjailbroke because of performance and battery life issues. Will these leftovers effect me the same way they did when I was jb'd?

I'm guessing that if I didn't restore from backup I'd loose all my settings; I.e. They are not stored in the ipa...

Thanks for the quick answers!