Restore Your iPod Touch / iPhone in the fastest time!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by moe78z, Mar 16, 2008.

1. moe78z

moe78z New Member

Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone has brought this up but I just found the fastest way to get all my apps back after restoring my iPod Touch. Usually after a restore, you'd have to dl all your apps one by one. You'd have to look for the sources for these apps too. If you add too many sources at once, Installer would take a long time to start up.

But go to http://www.touchtoolset.com and you'll be able to choose the apps you want to dl. Then they will create a repo just for you. Add in this new repo into your Installer and all the apps you want will be there! No need to dl from all the different sources. No need to sift through all the apps to find that one app you need. Just get all that you want in one nice source.

This source also works as a backup so you can use it again and again (for ppl who have to restore alot). Go check it out!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for offering the great tip about my site. By the way, you can access the intro page by visiting http://repo.sc directly instead of the whole long thing. I think quite a bit of people here already know about the site, though

3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Repo.sc is actually amazing

4. link4403

link4403 New Member

couldnt you just use ssh to copy them onto your computer, then after restore copy them back to the ipod/iphone?
  5. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Copying the /Applications folder will work only for a handful of apps; if it is anything more complex (IE: things that needs BSD SubSys, or SummerBoard / Customize, or things like that), the copied app can and will fail, and might also create a lot of script execution errors when you do try to install it via Installer again.