Restore Windows?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by TouchiPod, Aug 13, 2010.

1. TouchiPod

TouchiPod Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Hi, i was wondering if i could restore my windows to "factory settings". All i want to do is like reset all the settings and erase everything except the os. Is there a way I can do this without a windows cd?
  2. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Depends on the computer... my new Asus laptop has the ability to restore it completely. Most computers don't though. You should always create a fresh backup to fall back to if you have problems.
  3. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Nope. "Windows 8" will have such a Feature, but 7 and below doesn't have Factory Reset. Just format and reinstall Windows.
  4. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Hitting F10 (repeatedly , slowly) when you boot up your computer should bring up a menu (in some computer's depeding on manufacturer and model) to recover and / or erase and restore to factory settings. Otherwise, a recovery CD should have been supplied - use that.
  5. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You'll need to backup all your important files then wipe your hard drive and reinstall windows.
  6. patpond

patpond New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    XP used to have a Backup Recovery system, (didn't do a "factory settings" restore) but unless you set it to create points of Recovery, then you're probably f00ked.

You can reinstall windows off a USB thumb drive as well

Please Register or Log in to view images

as long as your MB supports boot off USB