Restore/Unjailbreak iPhone 4, SSHS help ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NejiXSan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. NejiXSan

NejiXSan New Member

Hey guys

So I've been wanting to get rid of the jailbreak on my new iPhone 4... even though i'll probably miss 5 icon dock and sb settings ahh ):
    but regardless, I'm jailbroken on 4.0.1 now obviously...
    I want to keep my smses and contacts and everything as it is.. how do i back it up so the jailbreak doesn't interfere with the unjailbroken firmware.. so it's clean?

One of the slight issues was it was a bit buggy and slightly slower so I don't want that when i restore it...
    Should i delete everything i've installed from Cydia and then back up - then restore it to whatever firmware? then restore it from back up?

Also for the iPhone 3G that I'm passing to my brother, it's currently jailbroken on 3.1.2 i believe
    I want to restore it so it's completely new but I don't want it on 4.0 as I heard the battery life isn't as good and it's a bit sluggish-er... solution?

Thanks in advance!
  2. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    If you back up with iTunes, it won't back up any of the Jailbreak stuff. All the iTunes backup does back up important things like sms's, contacts and game saves. Once you restore and restore from backup all traces of your JB will be gone, but you get to keep sms's, photo's .etc.

For your 3G, check on cydia to see if it has blobs for 3.1.3 backed up (on the front page at the top). If it does then use the downgrade tutorial and redirect to sauriks server. But then it is a 3G so you should be able to restore without blobs. Just DFU and then shift click restore and select the 3.1.3 fw. Give it a go and see what happens.
  3. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Get the 3.1.2 ipsw from your computre and more it to a convinient location.
    If you have shsh blobs then follow the next part, if not then you will ave to go to 4.0.2

Follow a downgrade tutorial, if it says put in dfu mode, ignore it, it worked for me without that. Also, read through it multiple times.

I panicked when my i4 wouldn't turn on.
  4. NejiXSan

NejiXSan New Member

your answer of '3.1.2' implies you're talking about the 3G
    cept you talked about your iphone 4 at the end haha how confusing

I don't care if my iPhone 4 goes to 4.0.2 as I no longer have any need to jailbreak

and for 3G, ah well i'll just try dfu restore and try to get it to 3.1.2/3.. if not it can go to 4.0.2 as well =\ it's still an iDevice

Thanks to both of yous though! Much appreciated
  5. Spam

Spam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you wanna back up all your cydia stuff, download PKGBackup from cydia.
  6. procharged

procharged Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I doubt that jailbreak is making it THAT slow unless you have a huge amount of thing installed from cydia(plug-ins)and things like that- not actual apps that aren't running all the time. I have a total of 4 iPhones now(me and wifes old 3G's and our iPhone 4's) mine is jailbroken with quite a bit of things on it and I specifically tested against my wifes for speed before jailbreaking. App launch speed, browser responsiveness, and even boot time are pretty much EXACTLY the same. I have no lag at all on mine just like hers

With 512 mb of ram and almost 1ghz processor it would take a LOT to slow these down, but hey, I'm not telling you what to do
  7. NejiXSan

NejiXSan New Member

lol there were a tiny bit of buggy issues... and point of jailbreak for most people and me was to be an ARRHH... lol. Now that I can get my own apps with $, I'd rather not be tempted. Thanks to all, it's unjailbroken now... just 3G to go
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

jailbreaking

I jailbroke my iphone and went to update it and now it wont update or restore to factory settings or anything. It's stuck at the screen with the itunes logo and the picture of the USB cord saying they need to be connected but itunes won't allow me to restore it.
  9. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That was happening to me when I updated, and I haven't jailbroken at all. Then when I tried the next day it magically worked, saved me the trip to the Apple Store and their Genius's.
  10. Weeth

Weeth Active Member

That didn't work for me... Program's a neat idea tho.