Restore to factory settings...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Samy, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Samy

Samy New Member

.... really really factory settings?

Hi everyone,
    I have an Ipod 16GB and recently updated to 1.1.4 - which works fine. I decided to jailbreak with ziphone which didn't work fine (obvious problems). Eventually it worked … or not.
    HOWEVER, I've read several times that ziphone messes with the bootloader and dowgrades it to 3.9 in a way that it can not be upgraded EVER again!
    After trying several methods, I managed to get the ipod into restore mode and re-install 1.1.4 with iTunes - and I've been told that the factory settings have been restored.
    Does this mean, even after the ipod was (un)successfully jailbreaked at some point (1), and the ipod was restored to factory settings afterwards (2), the bootloader has been restored as well?

In other words, when iTunes prompts that the ipod has been restored to factory settings, everything (EVERYTHING), bootloader, etc.etc. have been restored to the original status (depending on IPSW file of course)?

Thanks,
    Samy
  2. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

yep everything goes back perfect as the day you bought it and apple will never know a thing!
  3. Samy

Samy New Member

SWEET! thx.

I`guess I'll be playing around eve more.