restore to 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Lienutus, May 13, 2008.

1. Lienutus

Lienutus Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i remember there was a way to restore your ipod to a different firmware. It was like shift clicking restore and selecting the firmware. Did they just fix that or can i do it with 2.0?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You need to pwn the ipod with 1.1.4 firmware, make a custom 2.0 firmware, then run itunes and click ctrl or command restore and pick the 2.0 custom firmware you made
  3. Niiro13

Niiro13 New Member

No, the manual shift-clicking works.

It will even work with 2.0...

But you won't be able to do anything, as it will get stuck at the "connect to iTunes" emergncy call pink screen. Along with AT&T activation, Apple checks to see if your phone is on the developer list. If it isn't, then it will stay at that emergency call screen.

So no point in doing it for 2.0.

EDIT: ^ PwnageTool only works up to beta 3. But if you don't care about beta 4 or 5, then yes, you can also use pwnageTool to use 2.0;
  4. Lienutus

Lienutus Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont have a mac and im using a touch so....do i have to use winpwn? if so what do i do with that? and is 2.0 jailbreakable?
  5. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1- Yes

2- Ask a WinPWN user, or to be happier, get a Mac

Please Register or Log in to view images

3- No- Apple TOTALLY rewrote the firmware, ALL the frameworks are different what would be the use though? All the apps in Installer are incompatible with 2.0 - BUT PwnageTool ( idk about WinPWN ) installs Open SSH into custom built firmwares by default, so you will at least have that.
  6. Niiro13

Niiro13 New Member

Jailbreaking simply means write access to the files.

Since PwnageTool allows you to SSH into the device, it's jailbroken. Of course the majority of apps from Installer won't work (and Installer won't work itself) because the frameworks of 1.x and 2.0 are different. (which is why in earlier betas, even the apps which had no changes [weather] kept crashing...Apple rewrote everything)

WinPwn can only be used to pwn the device. You still need a 2.0 custom firmware from PwnageTool.

If you don't, then you'll have to wait until WinPwn releases with 2.0 support (cmw said it was too buggy so he's waiting for final release).

Unless the latest release of WinPwn allows for it. To see, simple browse for the ipsw and click the 2.0. if it says that it doesn't recognize, then you can't =(.