Restore to 1.1.1 after apple updates to 1.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by oliath, Oct 29, 2007.

1. oliath

oliath New Member

Will it be possible to restore an ipod back to 1.1.1 after apple has released the update to 1.1.2.

I have no intention of updating to any new version unless it offers me as much flexability as the current jailbreaks do.. which is doubtful.

However.... i WOULD like the option to restore it back to 1.1.1 and then re-jailbreak if i mess things up and so on.

Everytime i have restored my ipod it has had to connect to the internet to get the latest update.
    Is it possible to download this file as a stand alone version and use it to safely restore to a jailbreakable version at any time, regardless of what version apple has released?
  2. oliath

oliath New Member

anyone??

Where can i get a copy of the 1.1.1 ipod software update?
    Or where does my mac store it once it has downloaded it via itunes?
  3. mrplant

mrplant New Member

same question here... I have restored my ipod twice using itunes..
    The first time it downloaded the 1.1.1 software - the second time it just extracted it - so the file already exists somewhere on my computer...

Just can't seem to locate it..

Anyone know?
  4. Leixner

Leixner New Member

Yep, the file is somewhere in the iTunes folder!
    When you restore it, iTunes downlaods the File and saves it on the PC, mabe just use search function to search it.
  5. oliath

oliath New Member

Would be good to know if we can DEFFINATELY restore back to 1.1.1 once a new version is out.
    Is anyone able to confirm how this will work?
  6. Switcher

Switcher New Member

I tried to find it, but nothing.

Maybe in the temp files.
  7. KEVB

KEVB New Member

username/appdata/roaming/apple computer/itunes/ipod software updates

This is on a Vista computer; xp's file structure is slightly different.

My guess would be to set itunes to never automatically search for software updates. Then, if you ever want to restore, disconnect from the internet and click update. It should just use the stored firmware file.
  8. Rawd

Rawd New Member

So... I wonder if there will be a way to throw 1.1.1 in there in the future, and trick Itunes into thinking that it is the latest update.
  9. KEVB

KEVB New Member

Unless you have previously downloaded a newer update on that specific computer, I can't see how it could possibly determine that 1.1.1 is not the most recent.
  10. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

what happens when you restore is.. it downloads the img.. then uploads and installs 2 the ipod.... but then it deletes the img (because its considered a temp file). So what you do is press restore with touch plugged in.. on the left hand side you will see it downloading the file. right when it gets to 100%.. cancel the download... and ctrl f that file name. Shouldn't be too difficult.