Restore Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The Untouchable iPod, Apr 9, 2010.

1. The Untouchable iPod

The Untouchable iPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright so yesterday my ipod was in my pocket and i felt it get really hot so i pulled it out to look at it. When i looked at the screen it was for some reason at the apple boot logo then the screen flashed white and then went blank and then the apple logo came up again and it all happens again. Its stuck in this cycle. so I tried to try to restore it but it didnt work. it got to the part where the apple logo come up on the screen but then it flashed again and I got an error (it was -3000 i think). So i tried to go into dfu mode and restore same thing except i got error 1611. ive tried updating itunes ive restarted my macbook ive changed usb ports ive tried a different cable still nothing. i still have my warranty so i could take it up to the apple store if it comes to that but i would like to fix it
    if any body can help it would be greatly appreciated
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The battery must be defective if you feel the heat that much. Take it to apple for a replacement.
  3. The Untouchable iPod

The Untouchable iPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well i took it to the apple store they tried a restore and a DFU restore and couldnt get it to work so they gave me a new one
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lol congratz for your new ipod. Just hope it doesnt heat up again