iOS 3.1 Restore problems

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pax1, Dec 25, 2009.

1. pax1

pax1 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section,
    i've got an 8gb 3g ipod touch jailbroken on 3.1.2
    but out of curiosity i wanted to unjailbreak the ipod, so i was told i needed to connect up to itunes hold shift and click restore and choose my firmware. i downloaded "iPod3,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw" using internet explorer and it downloaded as a .zip file

Please Register or Log in to view images

so i googled and found out u need to rename to .ipsw, did that and it still doesnt work, itunes says "could not restore because firmware file is incompatible".

what am i doing wrong, plz really need your help, thanks in advance
  2. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In order to remove the jailbreak, all you need to do is click restore in iTunes, there is no need to go find an .ipsw file.
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Just simply plug in your iPod, when iTunes comes up go to the iPod page on the left hand side navigation and click the "Restore" button. If I'm correct, it'll ask you to confirm that your restoring to this firmware, and that you know it's features and that it'll wipe out the HDD on the iPod.

It'll then download the firmware, automatically install it and it'll then prompt you to either set-up from back-up or a new iPod, I believe? Then after the sync your completely done!