restore problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by playboy00786, Jan 18, 2009.

1. playboy00786

playboy00786 New Member

so my ipod is stuck in restore mode...ibrickr doesnt recognize it nothing does...when i start the restore through itunes it goes through and keeps going through preparing ipod..right before it goes back to the connect to itunes screen it shows a loading circle at the bottom of the ipod then goes to the connect to itunes screen. What does this mean?
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

bricked....i think.

The only idea i had in mind was to force a power off, make sure iTunes is on, plug it in and immediately hold the Home button (even if it takes an entire minute) until iTunes recognizes it.
  3. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    force your ipod into DFU mode.

Step 1: Hold down the “Home” and "Standby" buttons at the same time

Step 2: When it says “slide to turn off”, ignore it. It should restart with a blank screen. Look at iTunes, and your device should be removed. Now lift the Standby button, while still holding onto the Home button.

Step 3: Keep holding the Home button until the iPod reconnects on iTunes. When the device shows up in iTunes, that’s when you’ll need to lift up your button. If you wait any longer, it will go into Recovery Mode, and that’s not what you want. Your iPod should be blank.

Step 4: Now iTunes will tell you that the iPod Touch is in Recover Mode. You can now perform a manual restore on it.
  4. playboy00786

playboy00786 New Member

my ipod is already stuck in restore mode and itunes cant restore out of it