Restore Problem Error 17

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by alyx, Feb 28, 2009.

1. alyx

alyx New Member

I have searched on google about this error number. No related results at all.
    Tried restarting my computer, changing usb ports. None works at all. The restore process crashes while verifying the restore and my ipod touch just shuts itself down.

I hope someone can help me on this.
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

3. alyx

alyx New Member

I've tried everything that has been suggested. Nothing works at all. I've tried every known method for at least 3 times.
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    nope, still not working.... error 17 is fun....
  5. cordi89

cordi89 New Member

im getting error 17 as well after ive tried to restore JB.ipsw on itunes...completes 100% n then comes up with error 17...=( ne help?
  6. Chaoguy

Chaoguy New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Also having this problem on my unnoficialsn0w jailbreak. Any solutions yet?
  7. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

restore to original firmware, i had an issue with itunes not letting me restore and i had to uninstall libusb and restart my pc and then restore to official 2.1.1, but i had error 6 no 17, but i dunno, its worth a shot i guess
  8. R&S

R&S Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hi, i'll just bump this thread becuase it dosen't seems like there have been found a soluting.

i got this error myself yesterday when i restored from JB 3.0 to (original) 2.2.1, becuase i had some problems with the wifi and bluetooth on 3.0 (the ipod didn't requnised the chip).

I know i should had putted my ipod in DFU before i restored, but i forgot, then when the restore was allmost finnished, i got this error 17, the ipod screen is just blank, there is no response on the computer when i try to put it in DFU (yes i know how to do it), and the ipod screen just stays blank no matter what i try.

I know there aren't such a thing as "bricking" the ipod, but i have totally run out of ideers, so i hope some of you guys can help me.