Restore mode question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Wuckapus, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Wuckapus

Wuckapus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi im about to take my ipod touch 2g from tethered to untethered using the nor flash. So i know you have to put the ipod in recovery mode to apply the patch so can i turn off my ipod and then use the plug in and hold home method to get it into restore mode? or do i have to use the other way that is slightly more manual. Thanks in advance
  2. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No you have to go into DFU mode. Hold power+home for 10 seconds, and then only home for 12 more seconds. Then upload the 2.1.1 iBSS (takes you into recovery mode), and then send the redsn0w patch and the 2.2.1 patched iBSS (most GUI's do that for you). Then pop up iTunes and restore.
  3. Wuckapus

Wuckapus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    K. I know how to get to DFU (have done it many times because of stupid random crashes) But how do i send just the 2.1.1 ibss file? is their a gui that does this for me cause im a little cautious on not restoring because i have so much stuff from cydia and a slow wifi connection thanks for the reply.
  4. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Noooooo...

To add on to that, when it's about to restore (It won't restore) Just kill iTunes with Task Manager / Force Quit. NOW it will be in Recovery mode. Now you can safely restore to your NOR flash IPSW.

But I don't recommend you doing a NOR flash. There have been a lot of problems with responsiveness, i.e. when you press the power button, it will take over 3 seconds to recognize your touch.

[Windows]iRecovery.exe -f <iBSS 2.1.1 filename here>

OR

[Mac] ./rslite
    !<iBSS 2.1.1 filename here>
  5. Wuckapus

Wuckapus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is the response problem that bad? i really dont want to lose my data but i have all my music and apps that i paid for on itunes and i can get the cydia stuff back so if its that bad i might have to consider restoring fresh then using quick freedom
  6. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

It's not bad if you don't mind waiting a few seconds every time you try to use your iPod. It sounds OK now, but it gets really annoying, trust me. A full restore fixes this problem.
  7. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What Noooo...
    Yeah, I forgot about the kill iTunes stuff. I use a different NOR-only ramdisk patch.