Restore Jailbroken iPhone from old backup

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Tanooki, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Tanooki

Tanooki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    As the title says, can I? If not that is a big reason for me not to Jailbreak, having to type in all my contacts and playing games to get my progress back would be a b*tch and a half.
  2. MacDevil

MacDevil Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It's been kind of hit or miss for me. I have had it work once. However, on other restores, iTunes has either refused to restore from the backup (giving me an error message), or has done it, but made my iPod all funky. What I mean by that is that the Weather an iTunes icons were missing from my Springboard (probably because they were poofed when I made the backup). A few other things were weird, but I don't really remember because I immediately did a fresh restore.

My advice would be to go ahead and give it a try. The worst that could happen is you have to spend another five minutes restoring again, followed by the hour or so of reloading everything onto your device. Of course, you would have to do that anyway if you didn't restore from a backup, so you're not really losing anything by trying.
  3. ascasc

ascasc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. Tanooki

Tanooki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I already tried before i posted this and each time I tried restoring my iTunes would crash.

Tried this and it's currently restoring, thanks!
  5. Ekfifty280

Ekfifty280 New Member

I jailbroke mine and lost my contacts then my itunes re-backuped my iphone so i dont have the old backup how can i retrieve my contacts(IM using a mac)
  6. monkeys1031

monkeys1031 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I cant find the link can someone help me?

well i tried the link but nothing. im guessing its out of date, can anyone give me directions on what to do? or help me find another link to find old backup restores that itunes doesnt show? thank you

i tried this link:
    (http://sleepers.net/news/2008/09/19/how-to-upgrade-in-itunes/)