Restore is failing... Help pl0x

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xitz your fearx, Feb 24, 2010.

1. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright, so I have done a quick search (not a full one since it would take longer to search than to post this).

So one of my iPod 2gs all of a sudden started acting odd. My music controls completely disappeared (the slider) and absolutely nothing happens when I go to press the volume buttons either. I went to "Restore Settings" but when I went to do that my iPod became stuck in the Spinning Apple Logo. After multiple attempts to get it out of it, I eventually realized it would be more time efficient to just restore the iPod.

I went to restore the iPod (3.1.2) and everything went fine. The restore finished but when it rebooted, it rebooted into recovery mode. Thinking this was a glitch I restored again. It happened again. Thinking I missed an error when restoring, I watched the whole restore process, not a single error, even says "restored successful" (or whatever it says). Then I went and thought there was a problem with iTunes so I reinstalled it, did not fix the problem either. I have tried switching cables, switching computers, running as Admin, nothing is seeming to work.

So I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone might have any suggestions on how to fix it?
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Tried a DFU restore?
  3. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Forgot to state that, oops. Yes, I have tried DFU restore as well. It finishes the restore and just says it detected an iPod in restore mode.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay update... I somehow managed to get it to work. There was a problem after the restore, for whatever reason after it restored if I kept it plugged in it would go back into restore mode. So what I did was the instant iTunes told me it was done restoring, I unplugged the iPod before the Apple logo appeared. It did the little Apple loading screen thingy and then showed the sync screen and it worked!

Anyway thanks for your response.