restore ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by hals, Nov 9, 2007.

1. hals

hals New Member

will restore automatically use 1.1.2?

And - more important - will ALL data deleted and exchanged with the new one? I'm asking this because I don't want any of the installed files to be left on the iPod.(eg. Bad subsystem or whatever I installed with installer.app... And especially bsd subsystem can't be uninstalled through installer.app...)
  2. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sounds like you are trying to jailbreak don't do it yet wait till about monday and I'm guessing by then the new version of Touchfree and an officaial jailbreak are out. making it safe to upgrade
  3. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

At this point, the only proven way to Jailbreak is with firmware 1.1.1. If you click on "Restore" in Itunes it will automatically erase every file from your Touch and re-install 1.1.2. However, if you Shift-Click on "Restore" it will allow you to navigate to firmware 1.1.1 and install that instead. If you don't have 1.1.1 backed up, do so with the link in my signature.
  4. maskov1

maskov1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. If i hold SHIFT and click on restore then choose firmware 1.1.1 it will erase all my music/videos?? (or only normal restore from apple server delete all my data..)

2. And i have question about restore mode... First time i can try "normal restore"?? (plug ipod to USB, open itunes and shift+click).... why is "recovery mode" needed to restore ipod?

I heard many peoples force to restore mod and then restore works, can i try restore without "force to restore mod"??
    Thanks for answers, i have chaos in restoring mods...
  5. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    if you restore it then you will lose all your music & vids. But all you do after that would be to resync your stuff : it would take about 5-10 minutes .
  6. maskov1

maskov1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks for answer and then can you answer to question nb2?
  7. hals

hals New Member

That's what I wanted to know, thx. So even all installed files from installer.app will get deleted and 1.1.2 will get installed.