Restore iPod Touch to Default

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kshea195, Sep 17, 2008.

1. kshea195

kshea195 New Member

I have a 16GB Touch running 1.1.1 that was Jailbroken using JailBreakMe shortly after getting it. I want to remove Installer and remove the Jailbreak but the restore from iTunes or General, Options, Remove all data and settings (or whatever the direct path is on the iPod) is not resetting it to default. I want it to be exactly like it was when I opened the box after originial purchase and upgrade it to 2.1. Did anyone else have this same problem trying to restore back to factory settings??

Dont want jailbreak anymore...at least until I know how to install and remove it with ease if I want to.

Thanks!
  2. cainy

cainy New Member

restoring to factory settings wont remove the jailbreak apps, if you want to upgrade to 2.1 look for a tutorial on how to put your ipod into DFU mode, once done use the shift+restore method to install 2.1 onto your ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. kshea195

kshea195 New Member

Do I need to download the 1.1.1 firmware before I do this so when I do the shift restore method I will need to browse to the file, correct? Do you know where I can find the correct firmware to download? I have been reading around and see a lot of different options on doing the shift restore method. Still a newby on this so sorry if it is a stupid question. thanks again.
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    get the 2.1 firmwear.. however you want.. pay or not

get itunes 8

stick ipod/iphone into DFU mode (google if u dont know how)

shift and restore to 2.1

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. kshea195

kshea195 New Member

That fixed it! Thanks guys!