Restore iPhone 2G Contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by omokas, Apr 18, 2009.

1. omokas

omokas Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Hi,
    My father had an accident with his iPhone 2G, my brother throw a glass of water on the screen and it turned off , although we were able to receive calls but the SCREEN and the TOUCH SCREEN weren't working. Now we took it to Service and somehow the Contacts disappeared , all the songs,calendars,notes,SMSs,Calls are still in the phone...The iPhone is running 1.1.3 and i want to explore the FileSystem to find them somewere...Is there a chance of installing OPENSSH and explore the FS and find them ? If there is a chance , let me know what should i install and where should i search

BTW my dad has a new iPhone 3G now but he is photografer and he has tons of contacts that he needs them....

Sorry for my English
  2. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Pop out a the sim card that has the contacts. Go to settings < contacts and you will see import sim. Also the old iPhone will have it's contacts synced and backed up on iTunes.
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Unless FW 1.1.3 is different the iPhone doesn't save contacts on the SIM.....

If you can SSH into the old phone you might be able to retrieve the contact list but it would be an odd file that can only be viewed via the iPhone.