Restore interruption, broken sleep/wake button.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ihax_ipt, Jul 18, 2010.

1. ihax_ipt

ihax_ipt Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So my sleep/wake (power) button on my iPhone 3G is broken, and I tried updating to iOS4 on iTunes 9.2 on my Macbook Pro. So, the restore seems like it's going well, but during the progress indicator process of "Restoring iPhone" (right before it begins to verify,) it got stuck.

So, I unplugged the phone thinking it would go into Recovery Mode. However, for the last 3 hours it has had the same screen on the device that you would see if you were restoring the phone. (Picture below).

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am trying to make the battery die, but it is taking forever, and I can't put the device into DFU mode because my sleep/wake button is broken. The phone is not under warranty and I do not know what to do. Please help!

Thanks.
  2. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    You'll just have to let the battery die.. But when the phone turns on more than likely it will boot up partially then hang on the apple logo then have a spinning wheel.. So put it into recovery mode by once it turns off and dies let it charge a little then p,lug it in while holding the home button. Then restore. Hope it helps!
  3. ihax_ipt

ihax_ipt Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I hope there's another possibility but that's probably what I'll have to do. Thanks. If anyone else has any suggestions please post them..