Restore from Hell...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by morrigan, Apr 26, 2010.

1. morrigan

morrigan New Member

HI!

Recently I have been trying to help a friend from work get her ipod touch 2G sorted out.
    This is the Chain of events that lead me here:

1. There was a sync issue with her ipod and her computer, in which she was unable to sync any app purchased on her ipod to her comp.
    2. We tried to sort it out by following some simple steps, which were to reset the ipod and then remove the itunes and (to our knowledge) every bit let of Itunes in the system (Program Files) and (Itunes folder on Music)
    Its safe to say here that her OS is Vista most likely 32bit one running in a Toshiba satellite.
    3. As soon as we did this there launched another problem, with the latest Itunes update (most likely) as soon as we tried to sync, the sync server was closed for the dll controlling this task would fail (epic fail imho)
    4. I thought I would give it a go on my comp. which is also a Toshiba, running Vista 32bit OS, and it had no problem at all, I also shared some apps to her ipod which I have bought (researching now I see it was a big mistake)
    BTW, as soon as I installed the new version of Itunes on my comp I got this message telling me the mobile manager has shut.
    5. For some reason as soon as we went over removing the Itunes and reseting the ipod the problem still carried on in which the same dll was failing, so the last resource was to go back to the last version of itunes and reset yet again her ipod...

The outcome, she was able to load music on her ipod... but was not able STILL to sync apps, and the final gift was that the applications she downloaded from her own account open and immediately close. At this point it had no more apps of mine.

Any Suggestions?
    Thanks for your help!!
  2. Volcomstone000095

Volcomstone000095 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Did you try to right click on the iPod in iTunes and click transfer purchases?
  3. morrigan

morrigan New Member

Yup, of course!
    Evrery time we got a message saying un-authorized comp, which it already was, and un authorizing, then authorizing it.
    It wouldn't sync the apps. The big issue here is that the apps now won't even run

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. morrigan

morrigan New Member

Could someone please help? I need some kind of advise at least, I know I'm new here but at least I thought there might be someone out there who would be kind enough to help
  5. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Did you install mmp? Or app sync? If so remove
  6. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you try downloading the dll file thats missing?
  7. morrigan

morrigan New Member

Ok guys I was able to fix the dll thing thanks!