Restore During Error Ipod Touch 2G 2.2.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by hahkl33t, Jun 17, 2009.

1. hahkl33t

hahkl33t New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was going to unjailbreak my so that I could upgrade to OS 3.0. So I hit restore in iTunes and all of a sudden, my ipod goes into some bios mode (verbose i think). Assuming this is normal, Im surprised to find a message telling me there was an error and that the ipod could not be restored. So I wait, (btw my ipod is still in verbose even after the error). Eventually the ipod flashes and I get the regular iTunes logo telling me to connect my iPod Touch. I connect it and It says that its in recovery mode and has to be restored. Ive done this 3 times already.

Hopefully someone can tell me whats going on.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Use the link in my signature for Recovery mode.
  3. hahkl33t

hahkl33t New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im trying this atm. but it already said I was in recovery mode and I had that same sign after the error. Oh well hopefully it works.

Its doing that bios thing again.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Nope, didnt work. I get error 1604. Is there anyway to fix this?
  4. Samm

Samm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Updated iTunes to 8.2....?
  5. hahkl33t

hahkl33t New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes actually, im startin to think that may be the problem.
    ill explain again.

I was trying to restore my ipod to a clean firmware (2.2.1) from a jailbroken firmware. while itunes is "preparing Ipod for restore", i get a verbose bios/boot screen running down the ipod screen. Eventually I get the error, but the boot screen is still running. Eventually it ends, the screen flashes, and it tells me to connect iPod with iTunes.

Then iTunes gives me the message that its in recovery and the cycle continues as I try to restore it.
    Is there a way I could erase the whole system completely. So that i can install the firmware fresh?

or should I try downgrading iTunes?
  6. Whoooooop

Whoooooop New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Actually the same issue...
    Gettin crazy :/ Reinstalled several times (apple mobile device...+itunes) and it just keeps crashin. sometimes 1604, or 1602, but most of the times a error 1601,..
    Didnt found something useful in the net.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Try the link in my signature.
  8. Karson

Karson New Member

This also happens to me. Ive tried going into DFU mode also.
  9. JayC708

JayC708 New Member

Hey I have a jailbroken ipod version 2.2.1
    ...the other day i restored my computer to factory settings. i had saved the irecovery and XPwn-0.5.7-win32 files on my external harddrive...i don't know anything about jailbreaking and how to do it because my friend did it for me. Everytime my ipod runs out of battery i have to do a couple of steps on the command prompt to restore it. My battery died today and when i went to the cmd to type in my steps, it replied back with "Irecovery- recover utility by wEsTbAer and Tom3q..got USB..got USB..No Iphone/ipod found....i dun't know what is going on. When i put it into DFU mode it finds it in itunes ...somebody please help me
  10. hahkl33t

hahkl33t New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Haha finally fixed it.

Now I understand. Guys, even if it says that the iPod/iPhone is in recovery mode, doesnt neccisarily mean thats correct. You have to hold both the home and power button for 15 seconds and then let go, still holding the home button. THE IPOD/IPHONE HAS TO REMAIN BLANK. It cant have the connect symbol. Then restore and viola.

Thats the problem I had. I thought if iTunes detected the iPod as in recovery, it was in recovery. That wasnt the case. I had to do it myself and then finally saw the apple sign along with the load bar. ;D

Hopefully this helped other ppl.
    Simple solution, yet can be so complicated.