Restore changed something! Help!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by linkinlistener, Mar 22, 2008.

1. linkinlistener

linkinlistener New Member

I restored my ipod touch. it is now back to being a jailbroken 1.1.1 ipod. i have installer on it and ect.

when i ssh into my ipod w/ total commander tho, now it comes up with (idk if i'm saying this right) the "DCIM, Downloads, iTunes_Control" folders in the root. Before i restored my ipod, the folders, "Applications, _MACOSX, ect" were in the first directory...how do i access those folders?

Bottom line: How do i access the Applications folder?
  2. jordanpooph555

jordanpooph555 New Member

I wish someone could tell me how to accsess folders on the ipod touch from the computer

can anyone help?
  3. linkinlistener

idk what the problem is, i used to be able to. i just restored it cuz it screwed up. i would always access my applications folder and modify the apps, ect. now i can't even access those folders. HELP ME!
  4. stewie2280

stewie2280 New Member

Thats happened to me heaps I just had to keep restoring-jailbreaking over and over till it was ok.
  5. linkinlistener

so if you keep restoring and jailbreaking, then soon the file system comes out right? i don't get this...i've downloaded apps via installer via wifi and they our on my ipod and they run, i just want to be able to access the files like i used to be able to...
  6. stewie2280

stewie2280 New Member

Yes you have to keep restoring/jailbreaking....and yes i know that is really crap :S
  7. linkinlistener

WOW. that is so gay. i just got through backing all my stuff up and having to restore my ipod cuz i installed a new app off installer and everything disappeared and i tried everything. now i'm gonna have to restore it over and over again? damn.

how many times did you have to keep restoring/jailbreaking it to get it right?
  8. linkinlistener

SwapTunes saved my life. Once i activated my backed up iTunes_Control_2, the filing system appeared.