Restore before 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by eLBr0oKeR, Jun 22, 2008.

1. eLBr0oKeR

eLBr0oKeR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm planning to upgrade to 2.0 and use that until someone jailbreaks it (a question in question; is this already possible?). But when I upgrade will I need to restore my ipod because if I upgrade I will be left with all the installer apps that don't work anymore.

So sort of TWO questions here. Sorry if they've already been answered but I'm just so confused that I need a straight answer.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    firstly, when you restore you will lose installer and all your apps. Secondly, yes i would restore to a clean 1.1.4 before you upgrade, just to be sure nothing goes wrong. And no, apart from pwnage there isnt a jailbreak for 2.0 yet
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    when restoring, everything will go including installer. and im not sure if 2.0 could be jailbroken. well we must wait and see
  4. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If your iTunes made backup of basic data, restore won't be so pain ;]
  5. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    but watch out!:
    the 1.1.4 itunes backup is NOT compatible with the (1.)2.0 firmware -.- I tried that and itunes will show an error which says that the backupped files are incompatible with the current firmware version on itouch

Please Register or Log in to view images

and: yes, you will lose EVERYTHING on your old itouch included installer, apps, custom files etc.
    you could try to create a dual-boot device (just use search function in board or google) with 1.1.4 and (1.)2.0 parallel on it

Please Register or Log in to view images

me myself I didn't gave that a try 'cuz there is a big possibility of data loss..
    to backup your files you should ssh into your itouch and copy all of the files to your computer so you can be sure that nothing is gone after restore

also as said above jailbreaking 2.0 is at the mom not possible !
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1) You'll need to restore, although you'll be updating to Firmware 2.0.
    2) You will loose everything with the restore, as it will set it back to factory defaults.
    3) Earlier builds of Firmware 2.0 can be jailbroken, with Pwnage, although the expected publicly released Firmware 2.0 is not jailbroken as of now.