restore before 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mossme89, Jun 6, 2008.

1. mossme89

mossme89 Member

would you guys suggest i restore to 1.1.4 to get rid of my pwned firmware before 2.0 comes out, just in case apple will do something if you have a pwned ipod?
  2. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

my installer messed up, but im just holding out until 2.0, then goin there. you dont need to be non-JB to go 2.0.
  3. mossme89

mossme89 Member

but wouldnt that screw up my ipod if i upgrade to 2.0 instead of restore? i have seen that to get rid of pwnage you should restore, but i havent heard upgrade
  4. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

i thougt itunes just downloads the new fw and restores, yeh i guess theyl do the upgrade thing....

you can probs find a site that supplies legal released firmwares and get it that day. Or off apples website they do it.

If the upgrade is true (which im starting to think yes) then yeh do restore.
  5. drh1589

drh1589 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Upgrading won't do it totally for a restore. I had my jailbroken iPod with plenty of added wallpapers and once I restored, there were still places for the wallpapers under "wallpaper" in Settings but it was blank with an outline around it. It doesn't delete your settings (WiFi, email, etc.), so I would assume it would be safer to have a clean restore.