Restore Application Data?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gaph2000, Nov 25, 2008.

1. gaph2000

gaph2000 New Member

As I was trying to jailbreak, I accidentally mad a mistake, and ended up having to restore. I had made a backup before trying to jailbreak, so today I restored it from that backup. When it finished, all of my apps were out of order, and none of my apps had their save data, including the LineRider track I had spent 3+ hours on and was not uploaded. What happened? Does backingup not save app data or the .plist that contains the home menu layout? I'm jailbreaking right now, and if it works, will I be able to fix it through SSH?
  2. endrewsmith

endrewsmith New Member

Can you tell me how you backup your application and data? I've been looking around in this forum with no luck except ibackup that can't be downloaded from the server. Sorry for being off topic.
  3. kashi_kanashi

kashi_kanashi New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Unfortunaly backing up does not back up the app data, only system file from the ipod. I.E. mail settings, bookmarks, saved pictures, the setting plist. This is done to keep the backup size low like ~100-500 kb.
  4. gaph2000

gaph2000 New Member

So there's no chane of me finding it anywhere hidden by using SSH?
  5. kashi_kanashi

kashi_kanashi New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah unfortuanly, if you were upgrading that might have been possible but restoring the firmware totally erase every file in the ipod, replace it with the stock firmware