Restore and connect to itunes messages

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alphaoak1968, Dec 16, 2009.

1. alphaoak1968

alphaoak1968 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I had a thread asking for help with frozen itunes, and songs not playing on my ipod. After help, I uninstall and relaoded Itunes, and then pressed restore for my ipod. This is what happens:

Window came up saying: preparing ipod for restore. I had the apple logo appear on ipod after several minutes, then a few minutes later, I got the connect to Itunes screen, whilst on the computer the window was still saying: preparing ipod for restore. It then went through the restore process, and then came up with this message: "the ipod 'ipod' could not be restored. an unknown error occured (1603).
    I pressed O.K., and several minutes later this window came up with message: Itunes has detected an ipod in recovery mode. You must restore this ipod before it can be used with Itunes.
    So I click restore, and it just repeats everything above again and again.
    On the fourth attempt I gave up. I have tried DFU mode put it just goes back to connect to itunes logo.

Does anyone have a clue what i need to do??
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    maybe your firmware is corrupted?
  3. hayntaptap

hayntaptap New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are You Connected to The Internet?

You Probably are, but if not then that's why. You can't restore if you're not connected to the internet.

Then, Just try restoring your iPod on a friend's computer, or someone else's computer. Be sure they iTunes though. Then, Come back to your computer and syncing your songs and content

Happy Fixing!

Please Register or Log in to view images