Restoing a jailbroken iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Moses92, May 5, 2010.

1. Moses92

Moses92 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My appstore app went missing after jailbreaking using Spirit. I tried a couple of methods to re-locate it but didnt work ( poof / safemode .. ). i was told my only option was restoring ..
    If i restored , would i lose the jailbreak ? the apps and mods installed from the jailbreak ?? . do i just do it the normal way ( itunes > restore ? ) .. sry for all the Qs im a noob and im afraid id F* things up ^^" .

Thanks
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yes, you will lose the jailbreak and everything from the jailbreak. And yes, the normal way should work

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My Appstore was removed, but I installed some stuff like SBSettings and Backgrounder from Cydia and it re-appeared.

It was from Spirit as well. Did you just JB it? If you wait 10-15 minutes or install some stuff from Cydia, maybe that'll work. It did for me.
  4. Moses92

Moses92 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well no its been 2 days and i downloaded a couple of packages from Cydia ( including SBsettings .. ) , maybe that Backgrounder thing fixes this problem ? ..
    Anyway , i restored it just now and it works , the appstore app is there now

. i also Re-jailbroke it and it didnt dissappear this time ..
    My problem is fixed !
    Thx for the replies. Maybe someone facing same problem could give us more feedback , tell us how he managed to fix it .. !!
  5. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Glad you fixed it