Restarting/Safari Not Connecting

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kalydscopeeyes, Jan 14, 2008.

1. kalydscopeeyes

kalydscopeeyes New Member

Hey guys.

So, I haven't used the WiFi in awhile, and when I went to use it, it finds the network, connects just fine, etc- but when I open Youtube or Safari it will not find the server. I was at the mall and dropped into the Apple store, where the guy was baffled and eventually "restarted" it for me by holding down the power and main button. It works fine after that, until this weekend. I tried to use it again, it worked, then I tried to use it later that evening and it did the same thing. I have "restarted" it a million times now, and it just will not connect to Safari/Youtube/Itunes even though the Wifi signal is connected and strong.

Any ideas? Tips?

PS: Sidenote- how come sometimes the cover art doesn't show up?? I removed everything off the Ipod and put some stuff back on again and the cover art didn't transfer over! grr. I took it off and put it back on AGAIN and it was fine. WEIRD!
  2. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

did you try a hard reset again

"restarted" it for me by holding down the power and main button
  3. mikey7855

mikey7855 New Member

I'm having the same issue. Proper connection to my router, yet the internet (safari, youtube, itunes) don't work. I tried a hard reset as well as deleting and restoring my network settings. Nothing gets it running again. Maybe the iPod touches are defective.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

my friend had this problem earlier today at my house, turns out his wifi settings were sent to static so i switched them to dhcp

its worth a shot.
  5. mikey7855

mikey7855 New Member

Just checked those settings as well. Still a no go

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. mikey7855

mikey7855 New Member

Ok, don't ask me why this works, but it has in my case. If you go to settings, then wi-fi, then hit the blue arrow next to your network, then scroll to the bottom of that page. I simply set my http proxy to "auto" and now everything is ok. I had not previously made any changes, so this is an odd one. Hope it works for other people.
  7. mikey7855

mikey7855 New Member

Or.. maybe not.. some websites work and others do not. Very strange.
  8. mikey7855

mikey7855 New Member

Ok! Finally found a working solution! Please check this article: http://wiredforgadgets.com/?p=743

The settings listed there worked for me and may work for those having similar issues too. Again, not sure why my iPod suddenly stopped working like this, but for the moment this work-around is acceptable.

Take care all.